The beginning of fall signals cool nights, comfy sweaters and awesome comfort foods. Chicken is naturally carb free and fills the house with warm smells with the light tang of citrus and rosemary. Stuffing the chicken with cooking apples adds a little sweetness but apples are discarded after roasting. Pair this with your favourite root vegetable and a glass of Pinot Noir.
This dish is super high in protein at 26.7g and only 3 Weight Watchers points.
Carb Free Lemon and Rosemary Roasted Chicken Recipe
By October 31, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 3 hrs 0 min
- Ready In: 3 hrs 15 mins
- 1.5 kg chicken roasting
- 1 medium cooking apple
- olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 2 tblsp rosemary fresh
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300 deg.
- Remove all giblets.
- Cut apple into quarters and stuff chicken with them.
- Drizzle chicken with olive oil and rub fresh Rosemary and sea salt into the skin.
- Squeeze juice of 1/2 lemon over chicken.
- Place in preheated oven and roast for 2 1/2-3 hours till golden brown and juices run clear.
- When done remove from oven and tent for 15 minutes to rest.
- Slice, remove skin and serve with your favourite fall root vegetable and salad.