Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /homepages/36/d412284412/htdocs/not-too-sweet/wp-content/plugins/recipress/php/functions.php on line 288
I love the versatility of a great salad especially when there a re a few different dietary needs under one roof. You can add and subtract ingredients at will and the salad still tastes awesome. The one thing I really loved about this dish was the dressing. It was slightly tart but full of flavour. Everyone around the table enjoyed every last bite. There was nearly a riot for the last bits in the bowl at the end. Not to self, double this salad next time to feed the troops.
Some tips to remember: Make sure you buy a ripe avocado. Stone hard avocados don’t have that beautiful buttery flavour the ripe ones have and they are a real pain to peel. Learned that the hard way. When preparing the lettuce, don’t cut the lettuce with a knife. The cut edges turn brown. You are better to tear the lettuce.
There are 3.4g net carbs, 17.1g protein and 10 Weight Watchers points per serving.
Chicken and Avocado Salad Recipe
By March 27, 2015Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- 2 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 cups Romaine lettuce torn into bite sized pieces
- 8 slices bacon thick, , cooked and diced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 2 avocados ripe, pitted and diced
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch salt
- black pepper freshly-cracked
- 1 tbsp Italian seasonings
- 1 1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil