My garden has truly been a garden of plenty and I am amazed every time I go out there. Zucchinis are like baseball bats, cherry tomatoes by the truck load and once dug up my carrots are lovely bunches of orange goodness. They are not long leggy ones like you may find in the grocery store but rather plump intertwined mass. The colour ranges from typical carrot orange to a muted orange/white and the flavour is phenomenal. Sweet and earthy which is perfect for this delightful soup.
Coconut Carrot Thai Soup Recipe
By September 14, 2015Published:
- Yield: 10 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- Ready In: 40 mins
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 4 cups carrots scrubbed and chopped
- 1 can Coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 cups stock
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup peanut butter creamy or crunchy salted natural
- 2 tsp chili garlic sauce
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Dice onion and garlic. Add to pot along with the carrots and cook for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add veggie stock and 2 cups of water, coconut milk and stir.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until veggies are tender.
- Transfer to a blender (or use an immersion blender) and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add peanut butter and chili garlic sauce to the blender and blend to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Add more chili garlic sauce for more heat.
- Serve immediately with fresh basil or herbs of choice and sriracha for extra heat.