Tests for diabetes careHealthyD2015-02-18T01:04:40+00:00
Tests for diabetes care
The following are important tests for basic diabetes care. You may need some tests more often than indicated. Target blood glucose and blood pressure levels may differ, depending on your health.
Target blood glucose and blood pressure levels may differ, depending on your health.
- Kidney test (type 2): urine test performed at the lab
- Eye examination (type 2): through dilated pupils by an eye care specialist
- Nerve damage test (type 2): using a 10-g monofilament
- Test for erection problems (type 2): questions about your ability to get and maintain an erection
- Cholesterol and other blood fat tests (type 2): a blood test
|Approximately every 3 months