3-bean salad is one of those quintessential and high fibre summer picnic foods. I used different beans here but if you prefer green beans or red kidney beans don’t hesitate to experiment. I substituted the Agave Nectar for the granulated sugar. The Agave is low carb (16g opposed to 60 in sugar) and lower calorie. Make a huge bowl and enjoy it all week as it will keep (and taste better) for up to 7 days in the fridge.
Easy High Fibre 3 Bean Salad Recipe
By November 13, 2013Published:
- Yield: 10 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 00 min
- Ready In: 10 mins
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 15-oz can kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15-oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 stalks celery chopped fine
- 1/2 red onion chopped fine
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley fresh, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp rosemary fresh finely chopped
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (substitute Aqave Nectar)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a large bowl, mix the beans, celery, onion, parsley and rosemary.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add the dressing to the beans. Toss to coat.
- Chill beans in the refrigerator for several hours, to allow the beans to soak up the flavor of the dressing.