With only 4 weeks left till summer holidays, our lives will be getting busier and finding time to make dinner may become a little more challenging. To save time you can use pre-made meatballs (chicken, beef or veggie) from the grocery store’s freezer section or make them fresh from your own recipe.
They can be served on a bed of rice or stuffed into a high protein pita for on the go.
Easy Meatball Curry Recipe
By May 27, 2015Published:
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 25 mins
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 pound prepared meatballs (store bought or homemade)
- 2 tbsp green onion sliced, green and white parts
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small sweet onion such as Vidalia - sliced
- 1/2 cup red, green and yellow peppers each
- 1/2 cup pineapple fresh, cubed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- Heat oil in a large, shallow pan over medium-high heat. Add sweet onion and peppers and cook until slightly softened - about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, green onion, pineapple and meatballs. Stir until well combined.
- Blend chicken stock, curry powder and cornstarch together until curry powder and cornstarch is dissolved. Pour over meatballs and peppers.
- Simmer, stirring often, until meatballs are heated through - about 10 minutes. Serve over hot cooked rice if using.