There are 33g net carbs and 5 Weight Watchers Points per serving.
Heart Friendly Chick Pea and Bulgar Soup
By October 24, 2013Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Cost: 10.00
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
Calories: 204 | Fat: 1.2g | Fibre: 8g | Carbs: 41g | Protein: 7.8g | WW Points: 5
- 90 ml olive oil
- 2 onions peeled and cut into 1cm dice
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 carrots peeled and cut into 1cm dice
- 4 stalks celery cut into 1cm dice
- 2 tbsp harissa (or to taste)
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 1 tsp coriander ground
- 2 tsp caraway seeds whole
- 500 g chickpeas cooked
- 1 1/2 tsp salt and black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 100 g bulgur wheat
- 25 g coriander leaves and stalks
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a heavy-based saucepan, and sauté the onions on medium heat for five minutes, until translucent. Add the garlic, carrots and celery, cook for eight minutes, then stir in the harissa and spices, and cook for two minutes. Stir in the chickpeas, salt and plenty of black pepper, add the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Rinse the bulgur, put it in a pan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and simmer for three minutes. Drain, refresh and set aside.
- If making the coriander oil, blitz the coriander in food processor with a pinch of salt, then slowly pour in 60ml of oil and process until smooth
- Add the bulgur to the soup and heat gently. Ladle into bowls and drizzle over the oil.