Great high protein, high fibre appetizer. You can also use them as a side dish to a perfectly BBQ’d burger.
High Fibre Crispy Baked Zucchini Fries Recipe
By November 14, 2013Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 19 mins
- Ready In: 29 mins
Calories: 151 | Fat: 9.3g | Protein: 7g | Carbs: 12.3g | Fibre: 7.6g | WW Points: 4
- 2-3 small zucchini sliced into fry shapes
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 cup flax meal
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- Preheat oven to 420F. Lightly grease a cooling rack, place it on a baking tray, and set aside.
- Set up an assembly line: flour and spices in one bowl, milk in another, and flax meal and yeast flakes in a third.
- Dip each zucchini stick in the flour, then the milk, then the flax mixture. Place on the cooling rack.
- Bake 18-19 minutes, or until desired crispiness is reached. Makes 40-45 fries.