A while ago we found a great line of bean pastas that are gluten-free, low carb, high protein and full of flavour. They have a nice selection of pasta types and bean varieties. The Adzuki Bean pasta is a lovely spaghetinni with only 11g net carbs, 20g protein and no cholesterol. Regular pasta is 33.4g net carbs and 6.7g protein so you can still get your pasta fix without all the carbs.
The pasta can be bought from your local grocery store in the gluten-free isle or online at http://www.explore-asian.com/adzukibeanpasta#.VXmO0UajBCU
The beauty of this salad is its simplicity and colour. The recipe makes a huge batch and our family of 4 we were well fed and I still have lunch for today.
There are 11.4g net carbs 23.8g protein and 12 Weight Watchers points per serving.
High Protein Adzuki Bean Salad Recipe
By June 11, 2015Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 8 mins
- Ready In: 23 mins
- 1 pkg Adjuki Bean Noodles by Explore Asia
- 1/2 English cucumber peeled into long ribbons and thinly sliced
- 1/4 small red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 shallot thinly sliced
- 1 cup parsley fresh, chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice fresh
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt Coarse
- pepper ground
- 4 oz feta crumbled
- Cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain.
- In a bowl, combine cucumber, cabbage, shallot, parsley, lemon juice, and oil.
- Add noodles and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes until well chilled, about 30 minutes. Toss with feta, and serve.