My sister-in-law recently made this granola recipe and brought us over a sample to try. It was yummy! Normally, granolas on the shelves of the grocery stores are jam-packed with sugars, sweeteners and dried fruit but when making your own you can control all the good that goes in and keep the bad out. Each 1/2 cup serving is high in fibre and protein.
High Protein Crunchy Granola Recipe
By November 16, 2013Published:
- Yield: 10 cups
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 35 mins
- Ready In: 45 mins
- 1 cup almonds, walnuts and pecans raw, chopped
- 1 cup coconut unsweetened, shredded
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds salted
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup flax meal
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Melt butter in bowl then add syrup, combine nuts, seeds, coconut, flax, butter, salt and Agave Nectar. Mix well and add water.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread mixture evenly over cookie sheet and bake 30-40 min, stirring twice.
- Allow to cool completely. Enjoy!