For most diabetics or anyone wanting to loose weight bread is one of those food people find the most difficult to give up or cut down on. Bread seems to be everywhere when you can’t (or shouldn’t have it). Sandwiches, pizza, parties, desserts and on I could go. This recipe makes a great replacement for bread and very easy to prepare. This would also make an awesome pizza crust or great lunch flat bread.
Low Carb Cauliflower “Bread” Sticks Recipe
By February 5, 2014Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
- 1 large cauliflower head
- 1/2 cup cheese shredded
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Onion powder to taste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut up Cauliflower and steam till soft. Put on a tea towel and blot, try to get as 'dry' as possible.
- Put in food processor or blend till it's mashed potato texture.
- In medium bowl stir Cauliflower, eggs, cheese, nutritional yeast flakes, garlic & seasonings
- Scoop cauliflower mixture on to a lightly grease cookie sheet. Pat down and form into "flat bread". Keep in mind not to press too thin
- Bake at 450 for 15-20 minutes or until top starts to brown.
- Cut into bread sticks.