This soup is a hearty bowl of low carb goodness. At only an estimated cost of $3.50 per person this dish is not only easy to prepare it is also easy on the pocket book and only 1 Weight Watchers point.
The beauty of crock pot dishes is that after a little manual preparation the dish is cooked to perfection by the time you get home from work. This leaves you more time to spend with your family.
Low Carb Crock Pot Cauliflower and Carrot Soup Recipe
By November 18, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 5 hrs 25 mins
- Ready In: 5 hrs 30 mins
- 1 head cauliflower separated into pieces
- 1 lb carrots cut into chunks or 1 lb. baby carrots
- 2 quarts vegetable stock
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper ground
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- Place cauliflower, carrots and vegetable stock in crockpot; and cook on low, until vegetables are fork tender, but not mushy (about five hours).
- Blend with hand blender, leaving a few chunky pieces.
- Add the spices and vinegar.
- Cook 20 more minutes.