Our family LOVES tacos but the tortilla wraps are very high in carbs and fat. To avoid a family mutiny I served regular tacos and cheese to the family but made myself these lovely fresh and low carb tacos. They took no extra time to prepare but I did have to dirty another frying pan which in my opinion the extra clean up was well worth it.
While the family’s beef was simmering away I diced up all he vegetables and went to work. When choosing your avocado, make sure your avocado is not TOO ripe other wise you will end up with a mushy mess. While the avocado and leeks are cooking I would suggest to combine the tomato and cucumber and add a touch of baslamic vinegar. Place the mixture in the fridge until ready to build your taco. The taco will be equally as good if you if you choose to just add the tomato and cucumber without the vinegar.
There are 13.2g net carbs, 6.8g protein and 13 Weight Watchers points per 2 tacos.
Low Carb Vegan Tacos with Leek and Avocado Recipe
By June 23, 2015Published:
- Yield: 2 tacos (1 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 25 mins
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 leek choppes
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 tbsp baslamic vinegar white
- 1 small tomato diced
- 1/2 small cucumber diced
- 2 tbsp salsa
- 2 tbsp Tofutti sour supreme or regular sour cream if you prefer
- 1/4 cup Daiya grated, or regular cheddar cheese
- Place diced tomatoes and cucumber in a bowl and add 1 tbsp baslamic vinegar. Mix well and chill till ready to assemble.
- Heat oil in a small frying pan and add the leeks. Saute for 2 minutes then add the diced avocado and garlic. Continue to cook till soft and golden brown.
- Add water and taco seasoning. bring to a gentle boil till sauce thickens.
- Wash 2 leaves of romaine and remove stalky lower portion. Layer the salsa, tofutti, daiya or cheese, tomato, cucumber and avocado mixture.
- Roll contents securely in romaine leaf and enjoy!