This low fat curry dish is great for those cool fall days. I prep all my veggies the night before and in the morning just throw everything in the crock pot and voila, dinner is ready when I get home from work. It is low fat but big on flavour. You can also add some ground meat or cubed chicken breast if you are more of a meat eater.
Low Fat Slow Cooker Veggie Curry Recipe
By November 18, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 9 hrs 0 min
- Ready In: 9 hrs 25 mins
- 4 medium carrots sliced
- 2 medium potatoes cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 8 oz8 ounces fresh green beans fresh, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup onion coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tbsp tapioca or corn starch, quick-cooking
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp coriander ground
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes crushed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1 14 oz can vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1 1 14 1/2 ounce can tomatoes diced, undrained
- Hot cooked rice
- In a 3-1/2- to 5-quart slow cooker, combine carrots, potatoes, chickpeas, green beans, onion, garlic, tapioca, curry powder, coriander, crushed red pepper, salt, nutritional yeast flakes and cinnamon. Pour broth over all.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes. Cover; let stand for 5 minutes. Serve over hot cooked rice. Makes 4 servings.