This treat is very versatile and easy to make for a great grab and go snack or a special treat for the kids after school. This recipe uses plain Greek yogurt and raspberries but try using flavoured Greek yogurt and mixed berries. It would also be even yummier dipped in melted dark chocolate.
Each pop is low carb and has a decent amout of protein. For those of you following a Weight Watchers diet, each popsicle is only 2 pts! Imagine, a treat that looks good, tastes good and great for you. Enjoy!
Recipe from: 12tomatoes.com
Low Fat Yogurt and Granola Popsicles Recipe
By October 23, 2014Published:
- Yield: 10 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 6 hrs 0 min
- Ready In: 6 hrs 10 mins
- 2 cups Greek yogurt low-fat, plain
- 1 cup raspberries or other fresh fruit
- 1/2 cup sugar-free granola
- 1 tbsp honey
- popsicle mold
- popsicle sticks
- Place Greek yogurt in a bowl and stir in honey.
- In a separate bowl, lightly press on raspberries to release their flavor. Reserve juices.
- Pour yogurt into molds and add blueberries with juices. Gently tap mold against countertop so blueberries settle.
- Evenly distribute granola over the tops of the popsicles and insert popsicle sticks.
- Place in freezer and freeze for 6-8 hours, or overnight. When ready to eat, run mold under warm water for 10-15 seconds until popsicles slide out.
- If they’re still stuck, keep under warm water for a few more seconds.
- Remove from molds and serve immediately, or freeze for up to 2 weeks.