These omelets are so easy to make and very versitile. They make a nice brunch or a light dinner. I used two frying pans to make each individual omelets but one frying pan will do as you will be popping them into a hot oven to heat up again after you stuff them with all the goodies. Just make sure the frying pan you use is not too small other wise the omelet will be too thick. It should almost be as thin as a crepe.
In our house we have many different ways of eating. I am primarily vegetarian but I do eat fish (pescatarian), hubby is Type 1.5 diabetic (low carb), daughter will eat almost anything and my son lives primarily off Kraft Dinner, Nutella and Corn Pops. With this in mind it can make dinners a bit of a roller coaster ride but making the omelet this way made it easy to add and omit ingredients to please everyone.
5.2g net carbs, 33.4g protein and 12 Weight Watchers points.
Mushroom and Asparagus Baked Omelet Recipe
By August 24, 2015Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 25 mins
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 12 asparagus tips steamed
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 handful corriander chopped
- 1/4 cup ricota cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- In a small bowl crack 3 eggs, add parmesan and beat well.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp the butter in a medium frying pan and pour the eggs into the hot pan making sure they cover the bottom of the entire pan. They will be very thin. Cover and cook till firm.
- Pour thin omelet onto a plate and set aside. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- In the same frying pan heat the remaining 1/2 tbsp of butter. Fry mushrooms till all water from the mushrooms has evaporated and the mushrooms are nicely browned. Throw in the chopped corriander and saute till wilted.
- On each thin omelet spread half the ricotta, salsa, 6 steamed asparagus spears, mushroom mixture and salt and pepper to taste.
- Fold edges over middle and place omelets on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated 350 deg oven for 15 minutes till heated through.
- Serve hot with a lovely mango salsa and a few squirts of hot sauce.