This was a hail mary type recipe. Didn’t know what I wanted and then voila I had an over stuffed low carb high protein pita. It is a great vegetarian dish that can be changed for all types of foodies. Add some bacon or shaved ham for you carnivors or replace the eggs and chees with vegan cheese and scrambled tofu for the vegans. How ever you prefer yours, enjoy!
Over Stuffed Scrambled Spinach, Garlic and Egg Pita Recipe
By February 1, 2014Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 15 mins
- 5 large eggs beaten
- 2 cups spinach chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pita high protein buy Mr. Pita, Pita Gourmet
- 6 oz cheese cheddar, sliced
- 2 tsp sambal oelek optional
- pea shoots or any other sprouts
- Fry spinach and garlic until spinach is wilted.
- Add eggs and scramble with spinach mixture till eggs are firm and lightly browned.
- Stuff egg mixture into 1/2 pita along with cheggar, Sambal Oelek and shoots.
- Serve hot.