This spectacular summer salad is very high in protein and adds beautiful colour to your summer table. To julienne veggies I would suggest purchasing a julienne peeler. They usually come with 3 different blades and are a handy little gadget to have around the kitchen.
Pad Thai Salad Recipe
By June 1, 2015Published:
- Yield: 10 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- 1 medium zucchini, julienned or spiraled
- 2 large carrots julienned
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup red cabbage thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup frozen edamame thawed (or try tofu)
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup raw peanut butter (or try almond butter)
- 2 tbsp lime juice fresh
- 2 tbsp low-sodium tamari
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 1/2 tsp agave nectar
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil toasted
- 1 tsp ginger freshly grated
- Prep vegetables. Add the zucchini, carrots, pepper, and cabbage into one or two large bowls. Toss with hands to combine.
- Prepare the dressing by processing all dressing ingredients in a mini processor (or simply whisk by hand). The dressing may seem a bit thin at first, but it thickens as it sits.
- Top bowls with edamame (or tofu), green onion, hemp seeds, and sesame seeds. Pour on dressing and enjoy!