Parsnip rice is a great substitution for regular rice and it doesn’t need to be heated since you will use it as a base for something piping hot. You can also use coriander root or carrots if you would like a more subtle taste.
Parsnip rice is a lower carb option compared to its rice counterpart. Regular rice has 23g of carbs and this has 11g net carbs per serving.
From: Russell James, the Raw Chef
Parsnip Rice Recipe
By May 28, 2014Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- 2 cup parsnips fresh peeled
- 3 tbsp macadamia nuts
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 tbsp white miso
- Pulse the parsnips and nuts in a food processor till rice like consistency.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry parsnip mixture.
- Add lemon juice, salt and miso and continue to fry till fragrant and light brown.
- Perfect as a base for a vegetable stir fry!