We used to live in the Beaches many moons ago and one of the local pubs (now long gone) used to serve a delicious breakfast of sausage hash, eggs and hash browns. For years I have been making the same dish not quite the same but delicious none the less. Normally I would make the sauce with HP but it is high in sodium and sugar so I recommend using our own HD sugarless BBQ sauce and little hot sauce for extra zing. You may also choose to serve with Russett or sweet potatoes but go easy as that will increase your carb count.
I used turkey sausage to lower the calories but it is also low in carbs, high in protein and only 2 Weight Watchers points per serving.
Sausage Hash Recipe
By November 12, 2014Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 cup red pepper (or green) chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 links sausage lean turkey
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce Healthy Diabetic sugarless
- dash hot sauce (optional) or to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet till hot.
- Cook sausage till golden brown. Remove sausage from pan and slice into bite sized chunks and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to hot pan and cook till soft. Add peppers and cook through.
- Return sausage to pan and add tomatoes.
- Once meat and vegetable mixture is bubbling hot, add BBQ sauce, hot sauce and heat through.
- Serve immediately on a bed of low carb, high protein Mung Bean pasta or with baked beans, scrambled eggs and hash browns. Enjoy!