I love refreshing desserts and this is definitely that. The combination of sugarless Jello and whipped cream blend makes for a sophisticated dessert. It reminds me a bit of trifle minus the high carb jelly roll and high fat custard cream. Don’t get me wrong trifle is delicious but its not kind to your squishy middle bits.
The sparkling Jello is nothing new really but as a kid my mother would make it with Sprite or Diet Sprite but this of course contained a lot of sugar or aspartame if you chose to go the die route. I used low sodium club soda instead. It is a bubbly little drink of nothing, no sugar, no carbs no fat, no calories BUT it does have 110g of potassium per can which is good for your heart.
If you and dairy don’t get along you can make a few simple changes to be able to enjoy this as well. Replace the cream cheese with coconut cream and the whipped cream with whipped coconut milk. Top with toasted coconut and raspberry puree.
The most exciting thing about this dessert is that there are only 3.7g net carbs and 4g of protein per serving.
Sparkling Raspberry Vanilla Cream Recipe
By March 23, 2015Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- 1 box raspberry Jello no sugar added
- 1 cup water hot
- 1 cup club soda low sodium
- 1 cup cream cheese less 1/3 fat, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- Divide chopped raspberries equally into 6 tall glasses. Champagne glasses work well.
- Boil water and pour 1 cup in a bowl with jello crystals. Stir till dissolved. Add club soda and pour jello mixture evenly between the glasses.
- Put glasses in the fridge and chill for at least 2 hours.
- To make the vanilla cream chill a metal bowl and mixing blades. Once chilled pour heavy cream in bowl and mix till it thickens. Add 1 tsp agave and 1 tsp vanilla and continue to whip till stiff peaks appear.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream and last 5 tsps of agave nectar and vanilla. Whip till well blended and light. Spoon cream mixture over set jello mixture and top with puree of raspberries. Return to refrigerator till ready to serve.