Well another new year has come and thanks to Covid its been pretty uneventful, AGAIN! Hopefully this is the year we will start seeing the end of all the doom and gloom that is Covid and move on to getting back to life. Over the last 2 years we have all learned how to survive and now we need to learn to actually live again!
This cheeky little salad packs a punch of nutrition and flavour! Its a vegetarian’s delight but can easily be made vegan by substituting the parmesan with nutritional yeast flakes. I won’t lie, it takes a little while to chop all those lovely green veggies but its well worth it! Have it as a side with your dinner, on its own as a lunch time salad or a fantastic dip with tortilla chips!!!
A few hacks I discovered along the way. When buying spinach in the convenient plastic containers be sure to put 2 pieces of paper towel under the lid and store lid down in the fridge. I have found that the spinach lasts all week without going black as the paper towel absorbs the excess moisture. Second hack, once you have whizzed the dressing and poured it over your salad, pour a little extra olive oil and vinegar in the blender and whiz again to get all that green goodness out instead of washing it down the sink!
Green Goddess Salad Recipe
By January 23, 2022Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep: 20 mins
Well another new year has come and thanks to Covid its been pretty uneventful, AGAIN! Hopefully this is the year we will …
- 1/2 green cabbage finely chopped
- 2 1/2 English cucumbers finely chopped
- 4 spring onions Finely chopped
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/3 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- juice one large lemon freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp red onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan grated
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Chop the cabbage, cucumber and spring onions and place in a large bowl.
- Place the spinach, sunflower seeds, lemon juice, chopped red onion, garlic, parmesan, vinegar and olive oil in a blender or bullet and whiz until smooth and the consistency of a salad dressing.
- Pour dressing over chopped veggies and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to eat. Enjoy!!!