This dish was born from the deep draws of my fridge. I am usually meticulous with my meal planning as I hate to waste food and lately one trip a week is all I wan to do. I had a bunch of veggies left over and a package of frozen chicken cutlets in the freezer. Who knew I would put together such a colourful meal in just under an hour!
One Pan Chicken Veggie Bake Recipe
By April 29, 2020Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 45 mins
- Ready In: 60 mins
This dish was born from the deep draws of my fridge. I am usually meticulous with my meal planning as I hate to waste food and lately …
- 1 small sweet potato cut into chunks
- 3 chicken breasts cut into cutlets
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 2 medium zucchini chopped into 1/2 circles
- 1 bunch asparagus chopped
- 1 28 oz can tomatoes whole seasoned
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1.5 tsp basil
- 1 tsp crushed chili pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Parmesan grated
- 1/2 cup cheddar
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- In a large baking dish layer ingredients starting with sweet potato, chicken breast, garlic, parmesan, red onion, zucchini and asparagus. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour canned tomatoes over layered ingredients. Sprinkle with garlic salt, basil and more pepper. Top with cheddar and place in oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until vegetables are soft and chicken is cooked through. Enjoy!