We love breakfast for dinner in our house and this one was an instant hit. It was different from the usual eggs and bacon and I paired it with rutabaga home fries.
Rutabagas are lower in calories and carbs than potatoes and contain more calcium.
These tostadas are wrapped up in Azteca low carb fajitas. They only have 4g net carbs per tortilla where as regular tortillas have 24.5g net carbs. You could also for go the tortilla wrap ( and the extra carbs) and use a large kale leaf as a wrap.
There are 4.1g net carbs, 15.2g protein and 6 Weight Watchers points per wrap.
Easy Low Carb Egg Tostadas Recipe
By August 26, 2015Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- Ready In: 40 mins
- 4 6 inch tortillas low carb, or kale leaves
- 1 can black beans rinsed, drained and coursley mashed
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp 1 % milk
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup tomato chopped
- 2 tbsp cheese shredded
- handful cilantro
- salsa chunky
- sour cream to taste
- In a small bowl use a potato masher or fork to slightly mash beans; set aside.
- In another small bowl whisk together eggs, milk, pepper, and salt.
- Preheat over skillet over medium heat. Melt butter and pour egg mixture into hot skillet. Cook, without stirring, until egg mixture begins to set. Run a spatula around edge of skillet, lifting egg mixture so that the uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking until egg mixture is cooked through but is still glossy and moist. Remove from heat.
- Spread tortillas with mashed beans. Divide cooked egg mixture between tortillas. Top with salsa, tomato, cheese, and cilantro.
- Fold tortillas in half, place on a cookie sheet and place in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and tortillas are light brown.
- Serve with a dolop of sour cream and serve warm.