For many of our family meals I make slight substitutions as I don’t eat meat but I do eat fish. This meal was a treat as it was one for all and a quick one for all at that. 30 minutes from start to finish and you can adjust the heat to your liking with the salsa or adding yummy jalapeno cheddar.
I paired this with a small portion of Basmati rice and peaches ‘n cream corn. It would be equally as good with black beans or even a side of refried beans and jalapeno.
There are 16.8g net carbs, 43.3g protein and 13 Weight Watchers points per serving.
Mexican White Fish Recipe
By June 17, 2015Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
- 1 1/2 lbs cod
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup low carb tortillas toasted and coarsely crushed
- 1 Avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease one 8x12 inch baking dish.
- Rinse fish under cold water, and pat dry with paper towels. Lay fillets side by side in the prepared baking dish.
- Pour the salsa over the top, and sprinkle evenly with the shredded cheese. Top with the crushed tortillas.
- Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until fish flakes with a fork. Serve topped with sliced avocado and sour cream.