Start your Sunday with these yummy burritos. They can also be made the day before and kept in the fridge over night. For extra pizzazz, top with guacamole and sour cream.
If you prefer vegetarian omit the sausage and add more veggies and tofu to keep the protein values up.
Source : Mealtimes Made Easy: 2001
Breakfast Burritos Recipe
By November 13, 2013Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 45 mins
- 12 oz Italian sausage
- 12 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup old cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup coriander fresh, chopped
- 6 flour tortillas large
- 2 cups mild salsa
- 1 half sweet green pepper diced
- With tip of knife, slit casing down length of sausage; push meat into large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, breaking up with spoon, for about 5 minutes or until no longer pink; drain off fat.
- Lightly beat together eggs, pepper and salt ; pour into pan with sausage and cook until beginning to set. Gently draw spatula across bottom of pan to form large soft curds; cook for about 3 minutes or until eggs are thickened and moist but no visible liquid remains. Stir in half each of the cheese and coriander.
- Spoon egg mixture down centre of each tortilla; top with 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the salsa. Roll up. Arrange, seam side down, in greased 13- x 9-inch (3 L) glass baking dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese down centre of tortillas. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day; increase baking time by 10 to 15 minutes.) Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, stir green pepper and remaining coriander into remaining salsa. Serve with burritos.