These little meatballs are virtually carb free but full of flavour. Experiment with different flavours by adding a combination of different herbs and spices or even cheese. I found these meatballs cooked better after being chilled for half an hour in the fridge. You can still bake them straight away if you are pressed for time but you may find the egg seems to seep out around each ball. This is not a bad thing as far as flavour is concerned, it just isn’t as pleasing to look at.
They pair nicely with some steamed broccoli and match stick carrots with a little pat or margarine and salt and pepper.
Ideal for a LCHF (low carb, high fat), diabetics and even Weight Watchers.
There are 0.2g carbs, 8.1g protein and 3 Weight Watchers points per serving.
Easy Oven Meatballs Recipe
By July 8, 2015Published:
- Yield: 50-60 meatballs (6 Servings)
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella shredded
- 3 large eggs
- 32 oz Italian sausage out of the casing
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp parsley flakes
- 1 tbsp oregano
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- Combine all ingredients and pepper to taste in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Roll into bite sized balls and drop onto a cooking sheet lined with parchment.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes turning half way through.