This has been a week of kale for our family. Kale in salads, kale in soups, and kale in this smoothie. The reason for this is the kale growing in my garden is massive. Little shop of horrors if you will. No to mention the kale is in fierce competition with the equally as massive zucchini plants.
I don’t eat smoothies as often as I like so I thought it was about time to whiz up a little batch of this green goodness. Make sure when you are preparing the ingredients you slice off the woody center vein of the kale and all of the seed core of the apple. I prefer to keep the skin on the apple but if you prefer you can peel the apple.
I used unsweetened almond milk and a drop of pure vanilla but this would be just as good, if not better, with unsweetened vanilla or even unsweetened chocolate almond milk.
There are 19.7g net carbs, a face melting 59.3g of protein and 12 Weight Watcher points.
Kale and Apple Smoothie Recipe
By July 7, 2015Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- 1 large apple cored and coarsley chopped
- 2 large handfulls kale center vein cut out and coarsley chopped
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1/3 cup protein whey powder I used Nature's Best Isopure Low Carb
- 2 cups Almond milk regular, unsweetened
- 2 drops vanilla pure
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Place all ingredients except for the ice in a blender and blend for 60 seconds or until well blended.
- Add the iced and blend for another 30 seconds.
- Pour into a tall glass and drink immediately.