I don’t think I have met anyone that doesn’t like pizza. There is also so many different types of pizza that you are bound to find a combination you like. The only problem is that the pizza crust is ridiculously high in carbs and unfortunately there is more crust that toppings which makes is a carb bomb. If you consume one slice of a medium pizza (8 slices in total) you are packing in 24g of carbs. I would think that the average person probably has at least 2 slices which is 48g carbs and that’s not even taking into consideration the toppings.
This pizza crust is made of cheese and eggs, that’s it! Eggs have 0.3g of carbs and the cheese has less than 5g carbs per serving.
Now be mindfull of what you dress your pizza with. Meat is a good option as it naturally has 0g carbs and many vegetables such as squash, greens and mushrooms are low carb choices.
This lovely little pizza will set you back 12.7g net carbs for a quarter of the entire recipe. It is yummy, stays together well and will satisfy you guaranteed!
Low Carb Pizza with Egg Crust Recipe
By July 15, 2015Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 40 mins
- Ready In: 55 mins
- 8 large eggs
- 3 1/3 cups grated cheese
- 1/2 cup parmasean grated
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 14oz can tomatoes
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 1/2 tbsp basil
- a dash ofa dash of Worchestershire sauce
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 2 cups cheese shredded
- For the tomato sauce. Heat butter in a saucepan and saute onion and garlic.
- Add tomato paste and cook for a while. Add crushed tomatoes and herbs and let boil, season with Worchestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Let simmer for a couple of minutes and let cool.
- For the low carb crust preheat oven to 400 deg .
- Grate the cheese and whisk the eggs. Distribute on two baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the middle of the oven until they start to turn golden brown. Remove and let cool.
- Spread the tomato sauce over both crusts and add your favourite toppings and shredded cheese.
- Increase the temperature to 425 and bake for 15 - 20 minutes till toppings are hot and cheese is bubbling.