Whether you are vegan, have a dairy intolerance of just want a change, this breakfast is simple and easy to make.
I have recently stumbled upon PB2 which is basically powdered peanut butter. This stuff makes a great additive to baking and you can also add water to make it like regular peanut butter. You could also substitute the PB2 for a low carb protein powder which would make this breakfast a perfect post workout meal.
I used our favourite Ezekiel Sprouted Flax bread and unsweetened vanilla almond milk. To finish the dish off I simply used a light mixture of stevia and coconut flour as a “powdered sugar” and some sliced fruit. You could go all out and whip up some cold coconut milk and add a mountain of fruit but this morning, this was all about I could muster up and it suit me just fine!
There are 22g net carbs, 13.2g protein and 5 Weight Watchers points per two slices.
Vegan Peanut Butter French Toast Recipe
By April 14, 2015Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 15 mins
- 4 slices Ezekiel Bread Sprouted Flax
- 2 tbsp PB2 powder
- 1 pkg Stevia
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 3/4 cup Almond milk vanilla unsweetened
- Mix the Stevia and coconut flour together and put aside.
- Mix PB2 into the almond milk and mix well making sure to get rid of all the lumps.
- Quickly dip your bread in the almond milk mixture making sure to coat each side bit don't let the bread sit in the liquid as it will soak up too much and become soggy.
- Spray a griddle with cooking spray and fry till golden brown. Sprinkle the coconut flour over the toast and serve with fresh fruit or try it with a dollop of whipped coconut milk. Enjoy!