This vegan dish is high in protein without any animal fat what so ever which can be difficult to do. Many vegan dishes are full of carbs with the beans, lentils and legumes but surprisingly vegetables do have a decent amount of protein. Low in cholesterol. vitamin C, high in calcium and Omega-3 fatty acids.
This dish can easily be prepared ahead of time. Chop all the veggies and cook the quinoa the night before and all you will have to do the next day is fry it up and enjoy. It would also make a lovely chilled salad. Once the recipe has been cooked, place in the refrigerator for a few hours. Top the salad with lime and cilantro just prior to serving.
38.1g net carbs, 8.2g protein and 8 Weight Watchers points.
Broccoli, Asparagus and Quinoa Stir Fry Recipe
By August 11, 2015Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 25 mins
Calories: 324 | Fat: 12.5g | Protein: 8.2g | Carbs: 45g | Fibre: 6.9g | WW Points: 8
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup broccoli cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup asparagus tips cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup carrots cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp rosemary fresh, chopped
- 2 cups quinoa tri-coloured, cooked
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 lime quartered
- hot sauce (optional) to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium high heat.
- Add broccoli, asparagus tips, carrots, tomatoes, salt and rosemary. Cook until broccoli turns bright green.
- Add cooked quinoa and stir until quinoa is warm.
- Serve warm topped with chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime and hot sauce to taste.
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Skill Level: Easy