Serve this high protein dish as a soup or add some more low GI (Glycemic Index) beans and veggies and serve it as a stick to your ribs chili.
High Protein Chicken Taco Soup Recipe
By November 12, 2013Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 7 hrs 0 min
- Ready In: 7 hrs 15 mins
Calories: 306 | Fat: 7.8 g | Protein: 21.7 g | Carbs: 23.7 | Fibre: 8.2 g | WW Points: 6
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 16 oz can chili beans
- 1 15 oz can black beans
- 1 15 oz can whole kernel corn drained
- 1 8oz tomato sauce
- 1 12 fluid oz bottle beer
- 2 10 oz can tomatoes diced, undrained, with green chilies
- 1 1.25 oz package taco seasoning
- 3 chicken breasts whole skinless, boneless
- cheese cheddar, shredded (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- tortilla chips crushed (optional)
- Place the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, and stir to blend. Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts from the soup, and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup, and continue cooking for 2 hours. Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if desired.