Pancakes are carb intensive at 56.5 grams per 2 large pancakes. OUCH!! These pancakes are delicious and only 20 net carbs for 2 large pancakes. Go easy on the syrup or opt for a dolop of butter and a light sprinkle of cinnamon sugar. In this version of the recipe I used nutritional yeast flakes but you can also use your favourite protein powder so grams of protein could fluctuate.
High Protein Low Carb Pancakes Recipe
By March 4, 2014Published:
- Yield: 1 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 15 mins
Calories:200 | Fat: 4g | Protein: 20g | Carbs: 24g | Fibre: 4g | WW Points: 5
- 1/2 large banana
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes or your choice ofprotein powder
- 1 tbsp flaxseed ground or chia seeds, (try folding them in after they’ve been sitting in the almond milk for 10 minutes for extra volume)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp vanilla almond milk unsweetened
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl or mug.
- Mash with a fork or hand held blender and pour into a pre-heated greased frying pan. Put lid on.
- Let the bottom set so that it’s easier to flip (It should take 3-5 minutes)
- When the bottom of the pancake seems solid, and edges are lightly browned flip.
- Cook till other side is lightly browned and enjoy!