When you have kids in the house you have to have ketchup. This recipe is all natural and you can change the taste to suit your family by using different vinegars. If you prefer a sweeter ketchup you can add 2 tbsp of honey or other sweetener but keep in mind that this will add 1.4g of carbs and 5 calories per tbsp which can add up. If you choose to use stevia use it SPARINGLY. Stevia is 300xs more sweet than sugar (1 cup sugar = 1/2 cup honey = 1 tbsp stevia).
There are zero Weight Watchers points in one serving of this homemade katsup.
Homemade Ketchup Recipe
By February 19, 2014Published:
- Yield: 1 1/2 cups (24 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
Calories: 9 | Fat: 0.1g | Protein: 0.2g | Carbs: 1.8g | Fibre: 0.4g | WW Points: 0
- 6 oz tomato paste (no salt added)
- 2/3 cups vinegar of choice (eg. apple cider, balsamic, white etc.)
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp sugar substitute (eg. monk fruit extract, stevia, honey etc.) - optoinal
- 2 tbsp onions chopped
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- pinch each salt, black pepper, ground allspice and ground cloves
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor until onion is liquified and all is well blended.
- Store in a sealed, airtight container in the fridge.