Mezze is a selection of small dishes served in the Middle East and the Balkans as breakfast, lunch or even dinner, with or without drinks. This dish is a refreshing low carb dish packed with fresh veggies. Considering it is void of meat it still presents with decent protein and fibre content. Its low fat but you won’t miss any flavour. Eat it as a side, a lunch main or stuff it in a pita with some shaved ham or pastrami.
Low Carb Tabouli Recipe
By November 14, 2013Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
Calories: 66 | Fat: 0.3g | Protein: 2.1g | Carbs: 11.4g | Fibre: 2.8g | WW Points: 1
- 20 cherry tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cup bulgur wheat fine
- 1 large bunch parsley fresh, finely chopped
- 1 cucumber diced
- 4 spring onions finely chopped
- 3 mint sprigs fresh, finely chopped
- 1 lemon freshly squeezed
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil scant
- Put the tomatoes into a strainer (sieve) to drain off any juices.
- Put the bulgur wheat in a bowl, pour hot water to cover, and let soak for 15 minutes.
- Drain the wheat in a strainer lined with cheesecloth (muslin), pressing out as much liquid as possible.
- Mix together the parsley, cucumber and scallions in a bowl. Add the mint and bulgur wheat, then tip in the tomatoes.
- Wisk together the lemon juice, salt and olive oil in a bowl, then pour the dressing over the tabbouli and mix well.
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- Course: Moderate
- Skill Level: Moderate