We traveled to Mazatlan Mexico this last July to visit family. Before each meal we were presented with homemade salsa, quacamole and tortilla bread. This salsa is not like what we eat here in Canada. It is super chunky, full of colour and extremely low in carbs and calories and ZERO Weight Watchers points. Use this as a dip, on a sandwich or even throw left overs (if there is any) in a soup or sauce.
Sensational Mexican Chunky Salsa Recipe
By October 31, 2013Published:
- Yield: 2 cups (6 Servings)
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 00 min
- Ready In: 15 mins
Calories: 9.5 | Fat: 0.1g | Fibre: 8g | Carbs:1.8g | Protein: 0.5g | WW Points: 0
- 3 roma tomatoes chopped
- 2 tblsp cilantro finely chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tblsp red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno finely chopped
- 1 tsp tanji or chili powder
- Wash, chop and seed tomatoes.
- Chop cilantro, red onion and jalapeno.
- Mix together and squeeze the juice of one lime over the mixture. Mix well.
- Sprinkle Tajin or chili powder over mixture and gently mix.
- Keep refrigerated until served.