Broiled Avocado, Pancetta and Seared Portobello Salad Recipe
By February 13, 2015Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 40 mins
Calories: 344 | Fat: 30.7g | Protein: 11.8g | Carbs: 2.8g | Fibre: 5g | WW Points: 9
- 12 slices pancetta
- 1 large portobello thinly sliced
- 2 drops liquid smoke
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil extra virgin
- 1 lime freshly squeezed
- sea salt
- black pepper freshly ground
- 4 avocados ripe, stones removed, peeled and quartered
- 1 lemon freshly squeezed
- 4 big handfuls baby spinach or spring mix
- Heat a frying pan and fry the pancetta slices till crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside. In the same pan, lightly toast the pine nuts.
- Next, sear the portobello with a few drops of liquid smoke till crispy but be careful not to burn it. The liquid smoke will give a lovely smoke house flavour. (careful not to over do the liquid smoke)
- Coat avocado well with olive oil and lime and broil till golden brown.
- To make the dressing combine 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, lemon and season with salt and pepper. Taste to make sure your dressing is balanced – add a little more oil or vinegar as needed.
- On serving plates, lay out the broiled avocado. Sprinkle with the spinach leaves, pancetta and toasted pine nuts. Season well with salt and pepper and drizzle with dressing.