Whether you are vegan/vegetarian or simply don’t like fish, you may pass over a terrific dish because it contains fish sauce. This sauce is a lovely substitution and offers the bold flavours a traditional fish sauce offers.
This recipe yields 1 cup of sauce but nutritional values are based on 1/4 cup.
Vegan Fish Sauce Recipe
By February 16, 2015Published:
- Yield: 1 cup
- Prep: 5 mins
- 1/2 cups wakame (seaweed) shredded
- 2 cups water
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp peppercorns whole
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- Combine seaweed, garlic, peppercorns and water in a large sauce pan and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer about 20 minutes. Strain and return the liquid back to the pot.
- Add soy sauce, bring back to a boil and cook until mixture is reduced. Mixture will taste salty.
- Pour mixture into a bottle and keep in the refrigerator. Use one-for-one to replace fish sauce in vegan recipes.