These carrots are easy to make and full of flavour. I had a hard time finding zaa’tar (a blend of Middle Eastern herbs) but was able to make my own as an acceptable substitution. Get that recipe HERE.
These carrots are a wonderful accompaniment to lamb or seared pork. Low in calories, fat and only 3 Weight Watchers points.
Roasted Carrots with Yogurt, Lemon and Mint Recipe
By February 8, 2015Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
- 1 bunch carrots
- 1 tsp roasted red pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil + more for drizzling
- 1/2 tsp zaa'tar (or home made substitute)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 lemon
- 7 mint leaves chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Cut away the carrot tops and then scrub the carrots clean. Slice in half and place onto a baking sheet. In a small bowl mix the roasted pepper and 2 tbsp olive oil. Spread onto the carrots and rub with your hands to coat. Place into the oven and bake for 25 minutes, tossing half way through.
- In a small bowl add 1 - 2 tbsp of cold water to the Greek yogurt to thin it out. It should be slightly thinker than ranch dressing. Scoop the yogurt onto a plate and spread it around. Remove the carrots from the oven and place them on top of the yogurt. Season with the zaa'tar and salt.
- Drizzle with lemon juice, olive oil, and top with chopped mint. Serve warm or cold.