Salads make a delicious meal. They are fresh tasting and pair easily with many meats especially BBQ. This salad is low carb, low calorie and low fat. Only 1.4g net carbs and 3 Weight Watchers points per serving.
Cucumber and Olive Salad Recipe
By February 7, 2015Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 20 mins
Calories: 106 | Fat: 8.8g | Protein: 1.4g | Carbs: 3.9g | Fibre: 2.5g | WW Points: 3
- 2 cucumbers English
- 1/4 cup black olives sliced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 spring onions trimmed and sliced
- 4 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 lemon
- black pepper freshly ground
- 5 or 6 sprigs mint fresh
- 1/2 red chilli fresh (optional)
- Score the skin of the cucumbers with a fork and chop off ends with a sharp knife.
- Carefully cut cucumbers in half across the middle, then in half lengthways from top to bottom.
- Use a teaspoon to gently scoop out all seeds.
- Slice cucumber up into 1cm chunks (like little "u"s) and place in a large bowl along with the olives and spring onions.
- Whisk together the balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil and pour over salad.
- Squeeze in the juice of ½ a lemon over vegetable mixture and sprinkle with a pinch of black pepper and mix gently