From week to week I plan our menus. I only have one big shop to do at the grocery store, I know exactly what I am going to make and I usually look at my garden and I know what fresh fruits and vegetable I have available. On this occasion I had something completely different planned but for one i, it was Friday night, I wasn’t in the mood to make it and my hubby wanted something else. Usually this means a trip out but considering the haul from my garden usually includes over 4 cups of tomatoes, zucchinis the size of baseball bats and three or four large green peppers, sweet and hot, I knew I could wrestle up something. There was one condition, my hubby had to come out and help harvest our dinner.
To make the job even easier we decided on some frozen meatless meatballs by President Choice. I have always liked their meatballs for a fast curried meatballs or spaghetti and meatball dinner.
Tomato and Sweet Pepper Sauce with Veggie Meatballs and Kohlrabi Recipe
By September 9, 2015Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
- 2 kohlrabi sliced into match sticks
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms cremini, sliced
- 1 pkg President choice Meatless Meatballs
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 pepper cubanelle
- 1/2 large zucchini
- 4 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 cups stock or more if sauce is too think or dry
- 2 bay leaves
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp oregano
- Prepare meatballs in over as to package directions.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and saute onion, mushrooms and kohlrabi till soft then set aside.
- In a deep pan heat more oil and fry cherry tomatoes and cubanelle till tomatoes start to break apart.
- Add zucchini and garlic and stir into tomato mixture.
- Stir in the stock, bay leaves and spices and bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- When veggie meatballs are fully cooked mix into tomato sauce and serve over the kohlrabi mixture. Serve immediately and enjoy!