With 31g of protein and only 14 net carbs this tasty lunch makes a great lunch or a post workout recovery meal. You can make this ahead and store it covered in the refrigerator for several days. Be sure to rinse the beans first in a colander under cold running water when using canned beans. Canning liquid often contains a fair amount of sodium.
Tuscan Salmon Salad Recipe
By August 29, 2014Published:
- Yield: 1 cup (4 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
- 2 6 oz salmon cans, drained
- 1 15 oz chickpeas canned, rinsed
- 10 cherry tomatoes quartered
- 4 scallions trimmed and sliced
- 2 tblsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tblsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pepper freshly ground, to taste
- Combine salmon, chickpeas, tomatoes, scallions, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Stir gently. Refrigerate until ready to serve.