This salad makes a nice light lunch. Pack it into a low carb high protein pita or scoop it with some crunchy crackers. You could also forgo the carb intensive breads/crackers and wrap it in some kale or romaine lettuce.
If you use non-fat greek yogurt you will increase the protein content. Enjoy!
Vegetable and Egg Salad Recipe
By August 27, 2014Published:
- Yield: 3/4 cup each (4 Servings)
- Prep: 25 mins
- 3 tbsp yogurt nonfat plain, or Greek Yogurt
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise reduced-fat
- 1/4 tsp pepper freshly ground
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 8 eggs hard-boiled
- 1/2 cup carrot finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup scallions sliced
- Hard boil the eggs.
- In a medium bowl add the yogurt, mayonnaise and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Halve eggs and discard 4 of the yolks (or save for another use).
- Add whites and the remaining 4 yolks to the yogurt mixture and mash to desired consistency
- Gently stir in carrot, cucumber and scallions.
- Chill for 20 minutes. Excellent on your favourite seedy crackers or as a creamy dip for your veggies.