An awesome take on tater tots. These little cauliflower nuggets are gluten free and low carb. Sure to be a hit for the kids as an after school treat, appetizer or quick dinner side.
Cauliflower “Tater” Tots Recipe
By January 9, 2014Published:
- Yield: 24 (6 Servings)
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 3 mins
- Ready In: 8 mins
Calories: 208 | Fat: 19g | Protein: 3.2g | Carbs: 9g | Fibre: 2.5g | WW Points: 6
- 2 cup cauliflower grated
- 1 tbsp white chia seeds ground, + 3 Tbsp. water - allow to thicken for 2-3 minutes
- 1/3 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup panco
- Heat up a small skillet with vegetable oil (enough to cover a tot) over medium heat until it reaches 350 degrees. It is very important to ensure that your oil is hot enough or else you will have a crispy exterior and a gummy inside.
- Mix all ingredients together except for the bread crumbs until well-blended.
- Create tater tot shapes with your hands and then roll around each tot into the bread crumbs to completely coat.
- Gently place the tots in batches into the skillet and cook for about 3 minutes until lightly browned. If you need to move the tots around to brown, do so.
- Drain on a paper towel-lined plate and lightly season with salt.
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
- Course: Easy
- Skill Level: Easy