Lemon Quinoa Cilantro Chickpea Salad Recipe
By January 23, 2014Published:
- Yield: 6-8 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
Calories: 225 | Fat: 17g | Protein: 9.2g | Carbs: 27g | Fibre: 9.5g | WW Points: 7
- 1/2 cup quinoa dry
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 avocados diced
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup onion
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1 lemon zest
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 3 tblsp nutritional yeast flakes
- dash salt and pepper
- Make your quinoa first. Soak the quinoa in a pot in the veggie broth for about 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium high and let the quinoa come to a boil. Once it boils, reduce heat again to medium/low and let quinoa simmer.
- Stir every so often, and cook quinoa for about 20-25 minutes just until the liquid absorbs. You don't want it completely dried out, so when there is just a TINY amount of liquid left in the pot, remove it from heat and put a lid on it. Set it aside.
- Chop the rest of the veggies and combine dressing ingredients.
- Toss everything with the dressing and serve well chilled.