Green leafy veggies like kale are almost impossible to overeat, the American Diabetes Association reports. Because kale is low in calories and rich in dietary fiber, it can assist in blood sugar and weight management. At only 2 Weight Watchers points, it makes a great side to any meal. Kale is a healthy addition to soups, salads, and stir fries. Wash kale before consuming it to remove any pesticide residues that may be present on the surface.
Serve this side as is, or add favourite salad vegs like carrot, tomatoes, cucumber, pea sprouts etc.
Marinated Kale Recipe
By November 14, 2013Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 12 mins
- Cook: 00 min
- Ready In: 12 mins
Calories: 56 | Fat: 3.8g | Protein: 1.6g | Carbs: 5g | Fibre: 1g | WW Points: 2
- 1 large bunch kale de-stemmed and shredded
- 1 tbsp fresh gingerroot minced
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp turmeric dried
- 1 tsp sea salt freshly ground
- 1 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 1 lemon freshly squeezed
- 1/4-1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2-3/4 cup olive oil or flax oil
- (adjust the amount of vinegar and oil used according to your tastes)
- Wash and rinse shredded kale leaves well, place in bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients until well blended.
- Pour over kale, mix with hands and massage into kale leaves (turmeric will stain skin, so wear disposable plastic gloves if you want).
- Cover and refrigerate 12 hours to marinate, will keep up to 4 days in fridge.
- Serve as is, or add favourite salad vegs like carrot, tomatoes, cucumber, pea sprouts etc.
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
- Course: Easy
- Skill Level: Easy