We were invited to a friends house for dinner and to watch the Toronto Blue Jays team lose yet again. Boo Hoo. I had some time that afternoon so I whipped up a batch of these tasty little guys.
These low carb (3g net) little bites are easy to make and sure to please everyone in your house, including the little ones. I like to use fresh broccoli but in a pinch, defrosted broccoli from the frozen food section will work just as well. Just make sure you drain them and give them a gentle squeeze to get a lot of the water out so your bites stay together when you cook them.
You can make these ahead of time and reheat in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes or in a frying pan. As a tip I would not recommend reheating them in the microwave as they can become quite mushy.
We always make these with our delicious garlic aioli dip.
Mini Broccoli Bites Recipe
By July 20, 2017Published:
- Yield: 24 bites
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
- 16 0z frozen broccoli thawed, drained and chopped (or use fresh steamed broccoli)
- 1 1/2 cup cheese cheddar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt & pepper or to taste
- 1 cup panco
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- With your hands, form small patties and lay on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 375F for 25 minutes, turning the patties after the first 15 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
- Skill Level: Beginner