Swiss Chard Soup Recipe
By March 11, 2014Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 45 mins
Calories: 71 | Fat: 0.5g | Protein: 3.7g | Carbs: 14g | Fibre: 3.1g | WW Points: 2
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (540 ml) mixed beans rinsed and drained
- 2 white onions chopped
- 1 small russet potato peeled and cut in chunks
- 5 cloves garlic peeled and smashed
- 8 cups swiss chard greens torn
- 1 cup parsley leaves with stems
- 1 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- In a large saucepan, combine 3 cups water, broth, beans, onions, potato and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in swiss chard, parsley, salt and pepper; simmer until greens are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Using immersion blender or stand blender, puree soup until smooth, leaving some texture if desired. Serve with olive oil drizzled over top.
- Cuisine: American