The beauty of BBQ’d food is it is generally carb free or low in crarbs. It all depends on the sauces you use and store bought sauces are LOADED with sugar and salt.
This dish only has 1 1/2 tsp of brown sugar which can easily be substituted for stevia if you really want to go sugar free. At only 8.8g of carbs per serving even with the sugar, you don’t have to sacrifice flavour.
I like to pound the chicken, especially at the thicker part till the entire breast is about 3/4 of an inch thick. This will help it cook more evenly. Pair it with a spinach salad sprinkled with balsamic vinaigrette and slivered almonds.
Thai Chicken BBQ Recipe
By March 12, 2014Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 2 hrs 25 mins
Calories: 182 | Fat: 1.7g | Protein: 31.3g | Carbs: 8.8g | Fibre: 0.5g | WW Points: 4
- 2 sticks lemongrass chopped
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp turmeric ground
- 1 bunch coriander roots
- 1 1/2 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 1/2 tsp brown sugar unpacked, or 1/4 tsp stevia (adjust to taste)
- 1 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 4 chicken breast filet boneless and skinless. pounded till breast is uniformly 3/4 inch thick