When I was in high school my German language teacher had a moto, KISS-Keep it Simple Stupid. Now looking back I do have to wonder, was this her subtle way of telling us really what she thinks of us or was she actually trying to teach us a valuable life lesson? I will just leave it at the life lesson.
Simplicity does not have to mean lack of flavour or substance. In this case simplicity is about getting the best flavour in almost the least amount of time that one could get to prepare this delicious salad. Other than a little grilling and chopping the majority of time is spent assembling and eating.
There are 13.9g net carbs and 7 Weight Watchers points per serving.
Walnut, Avocado and Pear Salad Recipe
By May 29, 2015Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 25 mins
Calories: 395 | Fat: 19.8g | Protein: 5.8g | Carbs: 26.7g | Fibre: 12.8g | WW Points: 7
- 2 large portabello mushrooms thinkly sliced
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 1/3 cup baslamic vinegar white
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 box mixed greens
- 1 pear ripe, chopped
- 1 avocado pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup walnuts toasted
- Clean mushrooms with a damp towel. Remove stems and using a small spoon carefully remove gills.
- In a large bowl combine the prepared mushrooms, onions and 1/2 the vinegar and toss to coat. Marinate for 20-30 minutes tossing frequently.
- Heat BBQ and place mushrooms and onions on the grill. Grill for 3-5 minutes per side until grill marks appear. Remove from grill.
- Place a few handfuls of greens on 2 large plates. Top with pear, avocado, walnuts and grilled vegetables. Drizzle with remaining vinegar and enjoy!